.

.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Teething

One of the most difficult times I ever had with Mason as a baby was when he was teething. He had the worse time with it and there's only so much you can do to make your little one feel better. I always knew when Mason was teething because his face would become flushed, he'd get ear infections, and he'd sleep for days if I let him.

The teething rings do work however I have a better idea that makes it so you don't have to spend money. Just wet a washcloth and put it in the freezer. I did it all the time with Mason and he loved it. Another thing I found that was pretty cool were these teething balls
They have a different texture on each little nub so the baby can choose which one to chew on. You can buy them at I believe most any Walmart and/or K-Mart and they range from probably 3-5 dollars I'd say. Cheap yet effective.

I also always used Baby Orajel. To be honest, I'm not so sure that it works the best but I always used it just in case their was the slightest chance that it did help Mason

Teething normally starts around 6 months of age. However, it can happen as soon as 3 months and as late as 12 months.

Symptoms Of Teething:
  • Baby is fussier.
  • May bite on fingers/toys to relieve any pain or pressure in their gums
  • Drooling which can then lead to a rash on their chin, face, or chest.
Another little temporary cure for teething is using your finger (a clean finger) to rub your babies gums in his/her mouth. Mason loved this and it helped for a bit but eventually it comes back. Also be aware that if your baby already has teeth, they are indeed sharp! I have found that out the hard way.

Hope this helps for those of you who were asking!




No comments:

Post a Comment